Monday, March 11, 2013

What influences your personal style?


The Great Gatsby

Have you ever come across a musician, even a historical figure or event in history that has influenced the way you got dressed for the day? This happens to me more often than not. I am constantly pulling inspiration from time periods, books, movie characters, or even just things or people in general who inspire me during my day to day life. I find that there is beauty and inspiration in all ways and walks of life, so why not use it as a mood board to create your outfit for the day. With spring upon us, use this as a guide and a fresh new way to revamp your style! Lately, I have been obsessing over the 30s and 40s time period were woman's fashion was romantic, yet their dress had a twist of mystery and darkness to it. I find this look and time period to be alluring and sexy. I can't help but to incorporate this into my everyday wardrobe with a modern spin to my style. I find that it's always refreshing to switch up your look or style from time to time. Keep in mind when shopping for clothing I look for key pieces for my wardrobe that are versatile. Meaning, am I able to wear and style them more ways than one. This keeps things fun and interesting and it also as interest to your personal style. So, where do you pull your inspiration from when        you are getting dress for the day or a night out on the town? 

No comments:

Post a Comment